First Draft, 29 September 2021, Updated 7 & 22 October 2021
The protocols below will apply until the “Traffic Light” system is enforced.
The revised requirements will be posted as the situation clarifies.
COVID LOCKDOWN PROTOCOLS
These protocols will apply at Milford Baptist Church (MBC) should a lockdown be imposed by government. They will be amended/updated and promulgated if required, and as experience dictates.
LOCKDOWN LEVEL 4 (L4)
“At Alert Level 4, places of worship cannot open to the public for faith-based ceremonies or services. This includes weddings, civil unions and funerals and tangihanga.”
MBC L4 ALL SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED
– Virtual Service arrangements will be developed and implemented
– Anyone visiting the church to provide an essential service (which may include necessary maintenance on the building (exceptional circumstances only), livestreaming of services etc) must wear a face covering and maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres)
LOCKDOWN LEVEL 3 (L3)
“At Alert Level 3, places of worship can only open to members of the public for weddings, civil union ceremonies, funerals and tangihanga. These services are limited to 10 people — this includes the faith-based leader officiating the wedding, civil union, funeral or tangihanga.” See: Funerals, tangihanga and last rites | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
At Alert Level 3, we still need to stay in our household bubbles. Gathering together for faith-based celebrations and festivals is not permitted.
MBC L3 ALL SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED
– Virtual Service arrangements will be maintained
– Anyone visiting the church to provide an essential service (which may include necessary maintenance on the building, livestreaming of services etc) must wear a face covering and maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres)
LOCKDOWN LEVEL 2 (L2)
The government will determine and promulgate maximum numbers that are permitted to assemble in places of worship and other public places. In the MBC protocols these will be designated ‘XX’ for gatherings inside and “OO” for those outside to allow for changes that may be announced to these numbers.
“At Alert Level 2, places of worship can host services and ceremonies to a maximum of “XX” people if the service is indoors, and “OO” people if the service is outdoors. The indoor and outdoor gathering limits do not include staff — for example, clergy.”
MBC L2 SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES RESUME SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONSTRAINTS
– Virtual Service arrangements will be maintained so that those who are unable, for any reason – including personal preference – to participate in physical services may continue to be connected to the church
– If the “XX” limit is 50 or more, one service at normal time on a Sunday
If the “XX” limit is 49 or less, two services will be implemented.
Times and arrangements will be advised.
(These arrangements may be amended with experience)
– LT will make arrangements (such as door attendant) to ensure that the limits are not exceeded. Regrettably, those arriving after the XX limit is reached must be denied access.
– Access to the church is to be through the main doors only. Dodson Avenue door will remain locked
– Face coverings (masks) are to be worn at all times inside the building unless a valid certificate of exemption is produced to the attendant, or when actually leading the service
– Social distancing of 2 metres is to be maintained with those who are not in the same ‘bubble’ at all times (including in foyer, queuing to enter the meeting, in the car park etc).
– Physical contact (hugging, hand shaking etc) is not permitted
– QR code and/or sign in sheet is to be used on entering the building
– Hand sanitiser use is encouraged
– Morning Tea is cancelled
– There will be no hymn singing but it is intended that one musician will be rostered to play during assembly, and at the end of the service. Videos will be used for music and songs/hymns during the service.
– Members who are concerned for any reason, or who have any respiratory symptoms should stay away
– Anyone refusing to follow these protocols will be refused entry, or will be asked to leave.
Small Groups and other activities may resume as long as social distancing measures are taken, the XX limit is not exceeded and the general arrangements above are observed.