Members from the Anglican and Catholic Churches in Milford (St Paul’s and St Vincent’s respectively) joined with the congregation of the Milford Baptist Church (MBC) at MBC on Good Friday for a service led by ministers from the 3 churches.
The service was preceded by the procession of a cross through the main streets of Milford from St Paul’s, via St Vincent’s, to the Baptist church.
During the service, members of the congregation laid candles around the cross, symbolising that Jesus, the light of the world, bore the cross for us.
Afterwards, the members got together over tea and coffee and traditional hot-cross buns.
Photographs by Keith Morgan and Larry Robbins
MILFORD ART WALK
If you would like to look again at the paintings shown on the Milford Easter Walk, click on the links below.
1. The Last Supper (Leonardo da Vinci)
2. The Kiss of Judas (Giotto di Bondone)
3. Christ Before Pilate (Mihály Munkácsy)
4. Jesus Carrying the Cross (Raphael)
5. Via Crucis – Simon of Cyrene made to carry the cross (Felix Anton Scheffler)
6. The Crucifixion of Jesus (Paolo Veronese)
7. Christ of Saint John of the Cross (Salvador Dali)
8. Entombment (after Titian) (Colin McCahon)
9. The Burial of Jesus (Carl Heinrich Bloch)
10. Easter Sunday (He Qi)
11. The Resurrection Mural (Ron DiCianni)
Easter 2017 – Easter Calls
Rev Lloyd Ashworth MBC 16 April 2017
20170416 Ashworth Freedom Calls Easter 2017
Palm Sunday – In which Crowd do you Belong?
Rev Lloyd Ashworth MBC 9 April 2017
20170409 Ashworth Crowds
Easter 2016 – Raise Me Up O God
Lloyd Ashworth, MBC 27 March 2016
Easter 2015 – Reversing the Irreversible
Lloyd Ashworth, MBC 05 April 2015